Sometimes I wonder; Do I paint my own retina to fall asleep - and wake up - to...?

"When the soul wishes to experience something she throws an image of the experience out before her and enters into her own image."
(M. Eckhart)


Monday, October 17, 2016

A bit of Liminal feeling...

Honestly... I feel a slight little bit 'liminal'...
Ahaa...there it comes again, that fantastic word I found...once upon a time way back doing my Maters (of Fine Arts) in the late 80's... and ever since it has been sort of my constant... friend?/description?/association?... I am not sure - but there it is again!
(Liminal: Not subliminal :) )
 
Inbetween...on the threshold....between here and there...
 
I have this year again been organizer and curator of an outdoor exhibition - right here, where I live, where my heart is now; in a big garden where I spend probably just about 80+ % of my waking hours at this time in life... I think I know every centimeter of this area of 1,5 ha (15 mål), every moment of the year; Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter...
We are now in the Autumn part of this year of 2016; and I feel rather good;
We had the very best 'Enchanted Garden' Exhibition experience since we (my husband Ignace and I) started in 2011!
So - what is this 'Enchanted Garden experience'?
It's starting with connecting with artists...and then one or two years later we meet up in the actual exhibition preparations - here, in Art Sanctuary; this garden, a rather beautiful place just on the (invisible) 'border' between Flandern and Wallonia, in Belgium.
After all is prepared, we open the gates - and visitors arrive...
- I hear laughter, warm talk, I see lovers holding hands, embracing, I see children stopping...in awe...wondering, laughing, rejoicing! I see leather motorcycle-guys sitting down on benches to rest...and look...
and old ladies babbling on the bench nearby, and then stopping...listening to the music installation.
I hear the donkey call for attention, and see everyone's faces turn and smile.
I see an aging woman coming back ...again...and again... loving the 'ambience'...looking around and seeing all ages and all languages communicating -
And I think to myself: Yes, it's really an International Exhbition - in all ways!
 
And so, yes, I am still 'liminal'...
 
Because I am also a painter.
And yes, I have managed to do a bit of painting along the way!
I also write.
- I even made a book - over the last two years.
Yes, I'm proud of it!
It's very special to me;
It was inspired by my two little nieces' visit in this very same 'Enchanted Garden'
(at the time only 6 and 10 years old - and of course dedicated to them).
 
 

No comments: